Tar Heel News
Note on this issue
This edition of the Tar Heel News Online is being posted in PDF format. [More
about PDF.] Since the paper is oversized, you may need to tweak your Acrobat
Reader software to see/print the pages well:
- When looking at the page on the screen, you can zoom in to make the text larger.
[Menu: View > Zoom In.]
- When printing a page, be sure to look carefully at the print dialog choices.
should see an option to "shrink large pages to the paper size". It may
look like this picture. Be sure that the correct option is selected or box checked,
and the oversized page will print on the 8.5"x11" paper in your printer.
The text will be small, but should be legible.
Page 1 | Page
2 | Page 3 | Page
4 | Page 5 | Page
7 | Page 8
Convention (page 6): Registration
| LAF Sponsorship | Map
The Front Page Plus
- Details on the 2004 AAUW NC Convention: March 26-28
- Overview (page 1)
Agenda (page 4)
Highlights (page 5)
LAF Breakfast, Banquet Speaker, and more
"Get Out the Vote" Workshop (page
Registration form Deadline: March 15.
Sponsorship form for LAF breakfast
Map to the hotel
Hotel Registration deadline: March 5, 800/828-9290
Errata: Workshop speaker is June Kimmel, not Kemmel.
- Michelle Groce, Juvenile Literature Award Winner
- More about Ms. Groce (page 1)
Note that she will be leading a workshop at Convention.
- Nominees for Secretary and Membership VP
- Information on the nominees (page 2)
How large is your branch delegation? (page
- Student Leaders' Conference: March 26
- More information (page 4)
Branch sponsorship information (page 5)
Public Policy Highlights
- Say "Yes" on State Tax Return checkoff
- to support fair elections, fair courts
- Overview of NC Budget Process (page 2)
- Watch for information on information sessions coming to your community.
- Brevard Plans Voter Guide, Seeks Collaborators
- "Get Out the Vote" workshop at Convention
- Judicial Forum: February 19, Chapel Hill
- March for Women's Lives: April 25 (page
- Contact for US Patriot Act info
AAUW NC Reports
Branch News and Events
Remember you can order your AAUW NC History from Clara Allen. Send
$17 each to 442 Crossvine Close, Fearrington, Pittsboro, NC 27312. Price includes
TAR HEEL NEWS DEADLINE
Summer Copy Deadline: May 11
Target Mail Date: June 9
Send to Marty Folsom, THN Editor
1525 Melviney St., Statesville NC 28677